Finally IRS has confirmed that Form2290 filings for Tax period July 2012-June2013 will be open from July 1st, 2012. The due date is restored to its customary date (the last day of the month following the month of first use), unlike prior Tax Period July 2011-June 2012 where the due date for Form 2290 was temporarily changed for July, August, September and October. This means your HVUT is due on the normal date of August 31, 2012 for vehicles first used in July 2012.
When to File:
Form 2290 must be filed for the month the taxable vehicle is first used on public highways during the current period. The current period begins July 1, 2012, and ends June 30, 2013. Form 2290 must be filed by the last day of the month following the month of first use.
If you first use multiple vehicles in more than one month, then a separate Form 2290 must be filed for each month.
The filing rules apply whether you are paying the tax or reporting suspension of the tax.
Truckers must report the vehicle first used in July on the return normally due on August 31, 2012.
|IF, in this period, the vehicle is first used during …||THEN, file Form 2290 and make your payment by…|
|July, 2012||August 31, 2012|
|August, 2012||September 30, 2012|
|September, 2012||October 31, 2012|
|October, 2012||November 30, 2012|
|November, 2012||December 31, 2012|
|December, 2012||January 31, 2013|
|January, 2013||February 28, 2013|
|February, 2013||March 31, 2013|
|March, 2013||April 30, 2013|
|April, 2013||May 31, 2013|
|May, 2013||June 30, 2013|
|June, 2013||July 31, 2013|
|File by this date regardless of when state registration for the vehicle is due.|
- Filling IRS Form 2290 is quite easy; just have the following information available:
- Your employer identification number (EIN). You must have an EIN (minimum 15days older) to file Form 2290. You cannot use your social security number.
- Name and Address of the Business
- The vehicle identification number of each vehicle
- The taxable gross weight of each vehicle to determine its category
How To File:
IRS has mandated e-filing for taxpayers with 25 or more vehicles with registered gross weight of 55,000 lbs or more, but always encouraged everyone to do e-filing
To avoid being caught by scammers, one has to be very careful when choosing a service provider for filing Form 2290. IRS has listed the authorized service providers on their website, where www.Tax2290.com is the 1st ones to be certified.
www.Tax2290.com stands out to be the best with its better User-Interface, Service and a better Support. Because of the convenience and ease that our service offers, drivers and owners won’t ever miss out on a deadline.
Here are some of the benefits to file Form 2290 with Tax2290.com:
- IRS stamped Schedule 1 copy in minutes.
- Instant Text alert on status.
- Schedule 1 copy by FAX.
- Bulk Upload for large fleet.
- Import tax details from previous year tax return.
- Full Service for those who find no time to prepare a return.
- Maintain Unlimited Business with a single account.
- Support through the way until you complete a tax return and get Schedule 1 copy.
- Two weeks refund delivery on Form 2290 filing along with electronic deposit.
- Easy of access anywhere anytime.
- Safe and retrievable data at any point of time.
- Easy Rectification and Re-submission on an error filing.
Taxexcise.com is committed to provide the Best in Quality and Service for all our users, www.Tax2290.com /www.TaxExcise.com is a certified, IRS authorized, e-file service provider for Form 2290.Tax2290 is a product of ThinkTrade Inc and a part of TaxExcise.com. We are a BBB accredited company with A+ certification.