Warm welcome to the trucking nation.
The tax season has already dropped into our calendars and half a month already crossed. Did you efile your tax return? If you haven’t, it is time to join the league and efile form 2290 online with Tax2290.com and receive your schedule 1 copy in minutes. Before we proceed into the details, let’s start up with the basics.
IRS form 2290 is the form to pay Heavy vehicle Used Tax. If you own a heavy vehicle with taxable gross weight i.e. 55,000 pounds or more and you drive across the nation’s highway, you are liable to file form 2290 on or before 31st August 2015 in order to levied penalties. It is believed that, these heavy vehicles cause most of the damage and the funds collected through form 2290.
The tax season started on July 1st 2015 and will last till 31st of August 2015. So you have one and half month to deal with your tax, payment and schedule 1 copies. So get going and efile your tax return online with Tax2290.com, the only product that provides you service like no one.
However, other than reminding you about the due date, we have jotted the methodology to file and report form 2290 with Tax2290.com.
- The first and foremost task you have on your plate is that register with Tax2290.com if you are filing with us for the first time. Welcome to the family, we are glad you chose us. This is one time registration for all the customers. And if you are a returning customer, well, you don’t have to register with us, you can simply log in and proceed.
- Once you have registered, you can need to create your business profile, which includes info like your mailing address, EIN and other contact numbers for adding ease to your filing each time you return to us. And if you are returning user, you can add or edit information if you think it is required under business profile section, otherwise, you can skip that step.
- Click on “Start A New Return” and choose the form you wish to file. Select the tax year and the month first used. Share authentic information while you are preparing your tax return with Tax2290.com, which would in return ensure your taxes are calculated accurately.
- The next comes is, checking on the box, which seems to be appropriate for you based upon the vehicle. Depending upon your vehicle type, you need to choose and select options.
- The next thing you have to do is, add information about your vehicles. Provide the unit, VIN and taxable gross weight. You would be able to see your taxes are calculated by the application itself. For better reference, check on the ‘Tax Meter’ on the top of the page. Save and continue.
- Once your vehicle information is added and the tax is calculated, you are entering the second zone of the tax filing. With this section, you need to assign a third party designee for your taxes. Usually, they are designed to be the associate to discuss tax related dealings with IRS. So if you think there is anything important, you need to mention the important details and continue.
- The next after assigning your designee, you need to accept the consent to disclosure. You can read through and then check on “Yes”. You need to provide 5-digit number of your choice symbolizing your signature. As you are filing electronically, you cannot sign.
- And then your tax return will be undergoing a thorough error check and notified if there are any errors found much before the tax return is transmitted to the IRS. You can go behind and make the amends accordingly.
- Now comes the most crucial period. You have to transmit your tax return to the IRS. You can choose either efiling or paper filing, and if you choose efiling, you need to choose the payment methods you would apply.
- And there you go, you receive your schedule 1 copy.
It seems to be the easiest method of all for filing form 2290 and yet, if you are not comfortable filing your return online all by yourself, you can reach out for the experts to help you with your filing. All you need to ask about Full Service Option and follow the instructions. And there you go! We will do the filing and you will receive schedule 1 copy in minutes.
For easy reach, get in touch with our Tax Experts @ call us at 866-245-3918 or write firstname.lastname@example.org.