IRS Tax Form 2290 is used to report Highway Heavy Vehicle Use Tax. A vehicle which weight 55,000 lbs or more are termed as Heavy Vehicle. It can either be a Commercial Vehicle, Agriculture Vehicle or Logging Vehicle. A vehicle estimated to travel a mileage of more than 5000 miles [7500 miles for Agriculture Vehicle] has to report Form 2290 taxes to IRS. NowIRS Form 2290 can be reported electronically by using a computer at work/home, no need to look for a CPA / Accountant to file your simple tax returns.
No more standing in Queue at any local IRS office to pay your simple tax 2290 dues. Try our efiling this time and get your IRS stamped Schedule copy in minutes.When 72 million people e-filed last year, why not you?
We provide support that you can count on and security that you can trust.
Getting Started: To complete IRS Form 2290, have the following information available.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN). You must have an EIN to file Form 2290. You cannot use Social Security Number to report 2290 online.
- The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of each vehicle. Each vehicle is identified with an Identification number. Need to fill in the VIN while filing 2290 returns.
- The taxable gross weight of each vehicle to determine its category. The taxable gross weight of a vehicle (other than a bus) is the total of:
- The actual unloaded weight of the vehicle fully equipped for service,
- The actual unloaded weight of any trailers or semitrailers fully equipped for service customarily used in combination with the vehicle, and
- The weight of the maximum load customarily carried on the vehicle and on any trailers or semitrailers customarily used in combination with the vehicle.
How To Pay The Tax?
There are three methods to pay the tax with IRS.
- Electronic funds withdrawal (direct debit) if filing electronically. If you are filing Form 2290 electronically, you can authorize a direct debit to make your payment.
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS), Using EFTPS is voluntary, but you must enroll in EFTPS before you can use it. To get more information or to enroll in EFTPS, visit the EFTPS website at www.eftps.gov or call 1-800-555-4477.
- Check or money order using the payment voucher.
Note: You must pay the tax in full with your Form 2290. Partial payment is not allowed by IRS.
If Form 2290 is filed electronically, a copy of Schedule-1 with an IRS watermark will be sent to Tax2290.com. We will forward you a copy by email. If required you have the option of receiving the Schedule-1 copy by FAX.
Who must File?
You must file Form 2290 and Schedule 1 for the tax period beginning on July 1, 2011, and ending on June 30, 2012, if a taxable highway motor vehicle is registered, or required to be registered, in your name under state, District of Columbia, Canadian, or Mexican law at the time of its first use during the period and the vehicle has a taxable gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more.
You may be an individual, limited liability company (LLC), corporation, partnership, or any other type of organization (including nonprofit, charitable, educational, etc.).
Tax2290 is a product of ThinkTrade, Inc and a part of TaxExcise.com. We are a BBB accredited company with A+ certification. By efiling with tax2290.com you can get your IRS stamped Schedule-1 copy in minutes to your email or even you can subscribe to receive your copy by FAX.
For any further information regarding 2290 Tax Filings please talk to us at 1-866-245-3918 or simply email to us at email@example.com