Tax2290.com the IRS authorized and certified website is the most experienced electronic filing service provider and top rated website. Every heavy vehicles operated on the public highway falls due for 2290, the federal vehicle use tax reporting. Electronic filing is the best, safe and fastest way to get it done and receive back the watermarked Schedule 1 proof of payment.
Tax2290.com helps you file your 2290 tax returns right by prompting right questions to fill in your details that are required to report in HVUT form. The step by step approach makes your electronic filing experience a breeze. When you have questions you can get it clarified with our support desk or with our live chat agent or through an email. We’re waiting to support you through your filing process. The straight forward pricing helps you pay what you see and no hidden charges or no transaction fee.
Tax2290.com powered by TaxExcise.com and a product of Tennessee based Tax Software development company, ThinkTrade, Inc. is the 1st company to work with IRS for 2290 electronic filing. We bring you the best possible service to help you report your taxes right.
Getting Started with your 2290 return is easy!
To complete Form 2290, have the following information ready before you start preparing the tax return;
- Your employer identification number (EIN). You must have an EIN or FEIN to file Form 2290 online. You can’t use your social security number. Enter the correct EIN that was assigned to your Business at the time of registration by the IRS. If you don’t have an EIN, apply for one online at IRS.gov website.
- The vehicle identification number (VIN) of each vehicle. The VIN of your vehicle can be obtained from the registration, title, or actual vehicle. Generally, the VIN is 17 characters made up of numbers and letters. Be sure to use the VIN for the vehicle and not from the trailer.
- The Taxable Gross Weight of each vehicle to determine its category between A – V and W category for Suspended vehicles.
When you have the details, start with your 2290 online at Tax2290.com, complete it in less than 10 to 20 minutes. Pay the nominal e-file service fee and transmit it to the IRS for processing. Your IRS stamped schedule-1 proof will be shared with you instantly once IRS accepts your return, the same will also be emailed to your inbox (to your registered email address that you have entered).
How to Pay the Tax 2290 on Vehicles?
There are three methods to pay the tax.
- Electronic funds withdrawal (direct debit) if filing electronically.
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS).
- Check or money order using the payment voucher.
You must pay the tax in full with your IRS Tax Form 2290. No partial payments are allowed by the IRS.