Everyone has heard the saying, “The early bird gets the worm.” But have you also heard that the early bird E-files on time or should I say, pre file on time? Well, it is true! Preparing for HVUT season now can save your sanity later, especially if you’re new to the HVUT game. And the best way to stay prepared for whatever the IRS throws at you is to set up your Tax2290.com account. Right Now!
And here are some of the benefits while you get your account set up ready:
Early Bird Benefits:
- You’ll save tons of time later!
- You’ll be less likely to file late and face penalties because you will already have everything you need and know exactly what to expect.
- You can pre-file your tax return from 8th of June.
- We’ll send you email notifications reminding you to E-file before the deadline.
How Can I Prepare?
Follow these five steps, and you’ll be set for E-filing success!
- EIN:If you don’t have an Employer Identification Number yet, it is the perfect time to register! It takes up to 15 business days for your EIN to become activated, and any tax return filed before your EIN is active will be rejected. So get your EIN now, and you won’t have to worry about it later!
Tip: You can apply on the IRS website for free here and many other ways to apply for an EIN. But whatever you do, beware of internet scams that charge hundreds of dollars for an EIN!
- The Name Control: If you already have an EIN and you don’t remember the business name it is registered under? The business name on your taxes must exactly match the name on record with your EIN. This is known as name control. If you are unsure of the exact name associated with your EIN, you can find out by calling the IRS hotline at 1.800.829.4933.
Check your Finance:Once you have your EIN and Name Control, it’s time have a check on the finance and to do that, you need to figure out how much do you owe IRS. If you plan to pay by Direct Debit, make sure you know your bank account number AND routing number (lots of people forget that latter). or make a note of the same and keep it with you while you file, or you can set up an EFTPS account. The Electronic Federal Tax Payment System is cool because it’s free and it allows you to schedule your tax payment up to 120 days in advance. But it takes 5-7 days to register, which is why you should do it now!
Register for free by visiting http://www.eftps.govor by calling 1-800-555-4477. When you enroll, you’ll need your EIN, bank account, bank routing number, address and name as it appears on IRS documents.
- Register/ Log in: It’s time to create your Tax2290 account, the easiest part! Simply enter your user id, Email id and a password of your choice. It’s that simple. It’s completely free to create an account and explore the program, so log-on and start poking around now.
- Calculate your TGW:
If you aren’t sure how to calculate your GVW, simply add these three numbers together: 1. The unloaded (tare) weight of the truck, 2. The unloaded weight of the trailer, and 3. The maximum weight of the cargo customarily carried by the truck/trailer.
Other than creating an account or registering with us, you can efile your tax return even before IRS opens its gateways. It is called pre filing at Tax2290.com, starting from 8th June 2015.
Pre filing doesn’t really harm your filed return, or delay your schedule 1 copy. It allows you to file form 2290 online through our servers, submit it to the IRS, but you will be receiving your acknowledgement receipt by the first week of July. You can also enjoy a dash of discount on the processing fee by applying “KICKSTART15” as the coupon code. Plus, you can always count on the Support Team for help getting started! They live to provide top-notch year-round support during the business hours. Call them at 1-866-245-3918 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.