This stand as the final step for filing form 2290: paying tax to the IRS. You seem to be the luckiest. With online filing, we have not only streamlined the process of completing form 2290, but also we have made the payment process convenient.
You have 3 important methods to file and report form 2290 offered by the IRS to pay your tax online and offline. As IRS no longer accepts credit card payments, you can still conveniently pay your dues through Direct Debit, EFTPS or by Check/ Money order.
Direct Debit/ EFW (Electronic Funds Withdrawal):
- Stands as the fastest method to pay
- Option applicable if you choose to efile
- The debit would be initiated from your bank account through the details provided
- You must provide the bank account and routing number (located at the bottom of the check)
- Contact the U.S. Treasury Financial Agent for cancelation of payment, but no later than 2 business days before the payment date
- Form 2290 return are not accepted on weekend or public holidays. File by the next business day
EFTPS (Electronic Federal Tax Payment System):
- This is a free service provided by the U.S. Dept. of the Treasury
- Availability is through phone or online 24/7
- Visit http://www.eftps.gov or call 1-800-555-4477 to register before making a payment online
- To enroll, you will need your E.I.N., bank account and routing number, and address and name as they appear on IRS documents
- You can E-file your Form 2290 365 days a year, day or night
- Option to schedule the business payment up to 130 days in advance is applicable
- Payment must be scheduled at least 1 business day before your taxes are due!
Check or Money Order:
- If you need your Stamped Schedule I on the weekend, this is the only way to pay!
- When paying by check or money order, a completed payment voucher called, the 2290-V must accompany the payment
- Detach the voucher and send it with the payment, but do not staple the voucher to your payment
- Cash will not be accepted
- Make your check or money order payable to the United States Treasury. Include your name, address, EIN, “IRS Form 2290,” and the date (as entered in Box 3) on your payment
- Mail your payment with the 2290- V to the following address:
Internal Revenue Service,P.O. Box 804525,Cincinnati, OH 45280-4525
You have three options, you are free to choose any of the one, which suits your needs. And you know, any of the option you choose, you are dealing with safe servers and full proof security. We have gone above and beyond to make it fast and easy for you. Just for you.
If you’ve got any questions about the payment methods or anything beyond e-filing, our Support Tax Experts is just one call away. They are happy to help even at wee hours. Call us @ 1-866-245-3918, email or live chat with them at firstname.lastname@example.org.