You have seen remarkable business profits, setting up a new business location and shifting things there for better prospects. The reasons may be anything to make a move. But, to make sure this doesn’t affect your tax communications from the IRS or any refunds that should reach you, you ought to notify them about your new business address. There are many ways you can go about doing this.
- Tax return filing: Update your new address details while returning your taxes in the appropriate boxes. Everything concerned about your tax is going to be working out fine if you do this over top grade secure e-filing systems like tax2290.com.
- Form 8822-B: Submit form 8822-B to the IRS to request any address changes.
- Notification in written: Along with your full name, old address, social security number and EIN, mail a signed written statement to an appropriate service address informing them about your address change request. Generally, it is the campus where you filed your last return.
- Oral Notification: In person or directly via a telephone, provide the all the correct information requested by the service employee for proceeding with processing your change of address.
- E-notification: Secure applications on the IRS website such as Where’s My Refund enables submission of new address information. IRS doesn’t allow any other form of electronic mail notifications on address changes sent to any IRS email address.
- USPS: If you had provided your new address information to the U.S Postal Service, it retains in its National Change of Address database and IRS automatically updates its database with the same. However, it’s still a good idea to notify IRS of your new address even if you have informed the USPS.
In addition to this, if you are a representative signing on behalf of the taxpayer, the IRS expects you to attach to the written statement or Form 8822-B, a copy of your power of attorney. You can use Form 2848 to do this. Address change completion process by the IRS will not be done from an ‘unauthorized’ third party. So, if you are clear on what to do and how to do an address change, go about filing your form 2290 online before the tax season change! This is the right and only time to do it finely. The season ends by August 31st, 2012 for the year 2013 to fill your hands with signed schedule 1 copy.
Happy e-filing. Happier trucking!