Tag Archives: Delay in 2011 tax return

Congress passes TAX CREDITS for alternative fuels, e-file your claims at Tax8849.com

Congress passes TAX CREDITS for alternative fuels on 12/17/2010. You may be eligible to claim the refund if you used ethanol or propane. Time is running for this year, go to www.Tax8849.com and e-file your claims right away…

www.Tax8849.com is the only website to support all schedules in Form 8849 including Schedule 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 8. Act fast today and file your claims on time. It’s EASY, SIMPLE, QUICK and SECURED to do it online with www.TaxExcise.com / www.Tax8849.com.

Congress Passes Tax Credits for Alternative Fuels!

Late Thursday evening in Washington, D.C. Congress passed the 2011 tax package, which includes incentives for the purchase of alternative fuels. According to the Associated Press, the package consists of “A series of incentives for selling, using and producing alternative fuels, including ethanol. Many of the provisions expired at the end of 2009. They would be extended through 2011. Cost: $11.3 billion” (Associated Press). In addition, the tax extension includes tax credits provided to property owners, both residential (up to $1,000) and commercial (up to $30,000), for installing electric vehicle charging systems in their home or workplace. In a press release the Electric Drive Transportation Association stated, “We applaud Congress for extending these charging station tax-credits for the growth of plug-in electric vehicles in the U.S.”. In addition, the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives reinstated a biodiesel tax incentive that had been eliminated in 2009. In an announcement presented on the Biodiesel.org website it said, “The biodiesel tax incentive is structured in a manner that makes the fuel price competitive with conventional diesel fuel in the marketplace.” (www.biodiesel.org). Lastly, the new Tax Bill for CNG and propane, “…extends the 50 cents per gallon excise tax credit retroactively for calendar year 2010 and through December 31, 2011. It also extends tax credit incentives for developing natural gas fueling infrastructure,” (www.tradingmarkets.com). All of these tax credits and incentives are expected to be signed into law by President Obama today, Friday December 17, 2010.

These alternative fuel and technology tax credits and incentives will continue to help the U.S. become more educated about alternative fuel energies, create more U.S. jobs and become less dependent on foreign oil- a step forward to ensuring air quality for future generations.

File your Form 8849 credits at www.Tax8849.com / www.TaxExcise.com today and get instant approval from IRS. It’s easy, simple and secured to do it online. It eliminates credit form errors and make claims easy. Also allows you to get your money faster from the IRS.

Help Desk: 1-866-245-3918       Email: support@taxexcise.com

Who Can Take a Credit for Federal Tax Paid On Fuels?

Final purchasers, and in some cases, ultimate vendors of certain types of fuels may be able to claim a refund or credit for the federal excise tax that applies on the fuel if it is for specific nontaxable uses, such as on a farm, for off-highway business use, for commercial fishing, in certain types of intercity, local, and school buses, and for exclusive use by a non-profit educational organization.

A credit can be taken for U.S. federal Income tax purposes for certain non-taxable use of fuels.  This credit can be claimed on Form 4136, Credit for Federal Tax Paid on Fuels, filed with the annual federal income tax return.  Certain taxpayers may be entitled to claim a periodic refund for the federal excise tax on fuels, by filing Form 8849, Claim for Refund of Excise Taxes.  A credit can also be claimed on Schedule C of Form 720, Quarterly Federal Excise Tax Return, if a liability for excise taxes is reported on that form. Continue reading