Trucker duties are delivery bound. So are the taxes they pay for their heavy trucks, to the Federal Government. The HVUT returns you file and taxes that you pay get transmitted to the IRS safely and the IRS in turn returns it to the Federal Funds Treasury. the amounts equivalent to these taxes are then transferred on paper to the HTF, Highway Trust Fund, a transportation fund established in 1956 to finance the United States Interstate Highway System and certain other roads. The revenues of the HTF are intended for financing highways, with the taxes dedicated to the HTF paid by the users of highways. Most of the tax amounts credited to the HTF’s Highway account (one of the three accounts of HTF) are not collected by the Federal government directly from the consumer. They are, instead, paid to the Internal Revenue Service by the producer or importer of the taxable product, except like for HVUT which is paid by the owner.
Taxable Product Sources for HTF’s Income
- Special Fuels
- Truck and Trailer Sales
- Heavy Vehicle Use (Form 2290 specifies the tax amount for weights of trucks for calculations and Tax 2290 eases you totally off the calculation headaches while filing it.)
- Fines and penalties imposed for violation of motor carrier safety requirements
* Fuel Taxes table shows the history of the highway fuel tax rates since the creation of the HTF.
Benefits for Nation’s Highways through HTF
The Federal Highway Trust Fund (HTF) finances the federal highway program through fuel and other highway-use taxes. The funds are invested in our nation’s transportation infrastructure. HTF helps construct and maintain for a variety of direct/indirect uses to the public who use the highways like,
- Save lives, time and money
- Reduce the number and severity of crashes
- Enhance the ability of emergency responders
- Lower fuel and insurance costs
- Increase mobility
- Ease congestion
- Decrease energy consumption
- Boost air quality
- Improve the efficient movement of goods
- Raise business productivity
- Strengthen the nation’s economic productivity
So, verify each time you plan to employ a truck on road that you have filed form 2290 for it and have ever safe and profitable journeys like smooth e-filing journeys with Tax2290.com!
Contact us for any queries today, tomorrow and until you drive trucks in your name.